Critter Camp Activities Include Sessions With Local Animal Welfare Organizations.
Cat Depot announced its Kid’s Critter Camp registration is open to children from second through fifth grade. The fun and interactive five day sessions will run from 1:00-5:00 p.m. during the weeks of June 25-29 (2nd -3rd grade) and July 9-13 (4th-5th grade).
Critter Camp offers children a hands-on opportunity to learn more about a variety of animals and how to safely handle them with guest presenters from the local community including:
• Iris Eastman, Satchel’s Last Resort, Safety around Animals
• Award winning artist Nancy Colby, How to Paint a Cat
• Sarasota County Animal Services Officer Cecilia Perez
• Save Our Seabirds, Mission to Save Our Birds
• Dr. Robin Hughes, Tour of Cat Depot Treatment and Surgery Center
• Sarasota Petco, Small Animal Care
• Cat Depot volunteer Mellonie Smicklas, Making home-made cat treats
• Cat Depot staff Charlene Bing, Cat leash-walking demonstration
Contact Corey at Cat Depot for registration information at (941) 366-2404, or go to www.catdepot.org.
Cat Depot is open Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Handicap accessible. Cat Depot is located at 2542 17th Street, Sarasota, FL 34234. For more information, visit www.catdepot.org, or call 941.366.2404.